DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
UP: Child killed during SP leader's victory celebration
The 12-year-old was killed by a gun shot at the victory celebration of SP's Iqbal Mehmood.
Sambhal: A 12-year-old child was killed by a gun shot at the victory celebration of Samajwadi Party leader Iqbal Mahmood in Sambhal. Police said the 12-year-old boy identified as Danish died after being hit by a bullet during celebratory firing allegedly by supporters of Mahmood. Sambhal is about 350 km from Lucknow.
Superintendent of Police DK Garg said necessary action was being taken.
Mehmood won the Assembly elections from Sambhal defeating Rajesh Singhal of the Bharatiya Janata Party by 30,047 votes. While Mehmood won 79820 votes, the BJP candidate was a distant second with 49,773 votes. Bahujan Samaj Party's Rafatulla came in third.
Samajwadi workers clashed with some TV cameramen in Jhansi breaking their equipments. A complaint in this regard has been registered with the
district administration, sources said.
Several people were injured during the clash and several journalists alleged that they were locked up inside a room near the counting centre in Jhansi.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong