Akhilesh announces tablets, laptops for students
Unemployment allowance of Rs 1000 per month will be given to over 9 lakh people above 35 years of age.
Lucknow: Fulfilling key poll pledges made by ruling Samajwadi Party, Uttar Pradesh cabinet, at its first meeting, on Thursday decided to provide unemployment allowance of Rs 1000 per month to over 35 years of age and laptops and computer tablets to class 12th and 10th passouts respectively.
The first cabinet meeting chaired by chief minister Akhilesh Yadav also decided to provide unemployment allowance to all those registered with the employment exchanges above 35 years of age and class 10 pass, Chief Secretary Anup Misra told newspersons here.
In another populist step, the cabinet decided Muslim girls passing class 10 would get financial assistance of Rs 30,000 for further education or marriage without any criterion of income, Misra said adding there would be about one lakh
such girls and the scheme would cost Rs 300 crores.
According to estimates, there are some nine lakh registered unemployed persons and they will be provided Rs 1000 per month from the next financial year and this would cost around Rs 1100 crores on the state exchequer annually, Misra said.
In other important decisions in keeping with the SP election manifesto, the cabinet decided to provide tablets to all girl and boy students passing out of class 10th and laptops to all those passing out of class 12th on taking admission in the next class.
This would cover students of all the boards and schools in the state, including madarsa students, Misra said adding it was estimated that some 25 lakh tablets and as many laptops would be required for this scheme which would together cost Rs 3000 crores per year. The scheme would come into force from this year.
(With additional inputs from PTI)
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Attempt to Block Islamabad's Share of Water "Act of War": Sartaj Aziz
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Ban on Pakistani Artistes No Solution to Terrorism: Karan Johar to MNS
- Karan Johar, Nimrat Kaur Praise Nikkhil Advani's TV Show