Gujarat polls: Revolt in Cong, Amin quits party
Narhari Amin was angry and had been sulking after the Congress denied him a ticket to contest polls.
Ahmedabad: Senior Gujarat Congress leader Narhari Amin on Tuesday resigned from the primary membership of the party. Narhari Amin was angry and had been sulking after the Congress denied him a ticket to contest Gujarat Assembly elections.
Amin quit just a few hours after the Congress released the Gujarat election manifesto. Amin, who had been Gujarat's deputy chief minister had declared on Sunday that he and his supporters would not campaign for Congress candidates.
Amin's exit just a few days before the states votes in the two-phase elections is a big challenge for the Congress. Several Congress leaders have been upset with the ticket distribution in the state.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is leading the BJP campaign and aiming to return to power for the third straight time.
The voting in the state will take place on December 13 and 17 while counting will take place on December 20.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology