Gujarat polls: Revolt in Cong, Amin quits party
Narhari Amin was angry and had been sulking after the Congress denied him a ticket to contest polls.
Ahmedabad: Senior Gujarat Congress leader Narhari Amin on Tuesday resigned from the primary membership of the party. Narhari Amin was angry and had been sulking after the Congress denied him a ticket to contest Gujarat Assembly elections.
Amin quit just a few hours after the Congress released the Gujarat election manifesto. Amin, who had been Gujarat's deputy chief minister had declared on Sunday that he and his supporters would not campaign for Congress candidates.
Amin's exit just a few days before the states votes in the two-phase elections is a big challenge for the Congress. Several Congress leaders have been upset with the ticket distribution in the state.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is leading the BJP campaign and aiming to return to power for the third straight time.
The voting in the state will take place on December 13 and 17 while counting will take place on December 20.
- Gold prices soar by Rs 840 in biggest single-day gain in 2014
- Snapshot: Arjun Rampal's daughter Mahikaa is all grown up now!
- Gold tumbles on reduced offtake, weak global cues
- Gold snaps 5-day losing streak, gains Rs 300 on global cues
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma's Love-Hate Relationship On Set
- I Am Botoxed, so Are Most People in the Film Industry: Karan Johar