Govt's stand on US resolution betrays Tamils: DMK
Karunanidhi's daughter and DMK MP Kanimozhi had also taken up the issue in the Rajya Sabha on Wednesday.
Chennai: Upping the ante against the Congress-led UPA Government over alleged war crime issue concerning Sri Lanka, DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Wednesday said his party would deem it as a betrayal of Tamils if the Centre does not support the US resolution on Sri Lanka.
Asked if his party would withdraw support to the UPA Government if New Delhi supported Sri Lanka in the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC), he said that he alone cannot decide on that.
"I cannot decide on that. We will discuss and decide that in the (party) executive," the DMK patriarch said.
The DMK leader has time and again reiterated his demand for New Delhi backing the resolution with his party MPs raising slogans in this regard during the presidential address to the joint sitting of the two Houses of Parliament on Monday.
His daughter and DMK MP Kanimozhi had also taken up the issue in the Rajya Sabha earlier on Wednesday.
With Additional Inputs From PTI
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology