Govt's stand on US resolution betrays Tamils: DMK
Karunanidhi's daughter and DMK MP Kanimozhi had also taken up the issue in the Rajya Sabha on Wednesday.
Chennai: Upping the ante against the Congress-led UPA Government over alleged war crime issue concerning Sri Lanka, DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Wednesday said his party would deem it as a betrayal of Tamils if the Centre does not support the US resolution on Sri Lanka.
Asked if his party would withdraw support to the UPA Government if New Delhi supported Sri Lanka in the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC), he said that he alone cannot decide on that.
"I cannot decide on that. We will discuss and decide that in the (party) executive," the DMK patriarch said.
The DMK leader has time and again reiterated his demand for New Delhi backing the resolution with his party MPs raising slogans in this regard during the presidential address to the joint sitting of the two Houses of Parliament on Monday.
His daughter and DMK MP Kanimozhi had also taken up the issue in the Rajya Sabha earlier on Wednesday.
With Additional Inputs From PTI
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Donald Trump Says Will Not Approve AT&T-Time Warner Deal If Elected President
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Donald Trump Vows to Sue Sexual Misconduct Accusers
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2