Aligarh police brutality: Akhilesh suspends officials
The Chief Minister has suspended circle officer and two policemen in connection with Thursday's Aligarh incident.
Lucknow: Warning officials against any laxity in discharge of their duties, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday suspended 21 officials and employees including four SDMs and a Circle Officer.
The Chief Minister has suspended circle officer and two policemen in connection with Thursday's Aligarh incident, an official release issued here said.
A six-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered in Nagla Kalar area in Aligarh on Thursday, sparking violent protests by locals following which police used force in which at least seven persons, including an elderly woman who was knocked down by a police officer with his baton, were injured.
Four SDM have been suspended in connection with irregularities in food grains distribution through fair price shop, the release said.
The Chief Minister has warned officials against any laxity in the discharge of their duties and said stern action would be taken against the erring employees.
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border