Aligarh police brutality: Akhilesh suspends officials
The Chief Minister has suspended circle officer and two policemen in connection with Thursday's Aligarh incident.
Lucknow: Warning officials against any laxity in discharge of their duties, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday suspended 21 officials and employees including four SDMs and a Circle Officer.
The Chief Minister has suspended circle officer and two policemen in connection with Thursday's Aligarh incident, an official release issued here said.
A six-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered in Nagla Kalar area in Aligarh on Thursday, sparking violent protests by locals following which police used force in which at least seven persons, including an elderly woman who was knocked down by a police officer with his baton, were injured.
Four SDM have been suspended in connection with irregularities in food grains distribution through fair price shop, the release said.
The Chief Minister has warned officials against any laxity in the discharge of their duties and said stern action would be taken against the erring employees.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop