All my successors in Rail ministry getting derailed: Lalu
Lalu Prasad was commenting on resignation of Pawan Kumar Bansal as Railway minister in the wake of bribery case involving his nephew.
Patna: With UPA-II having six ministers in the Railways during the present tenure, RJD president Lalu Prasad on Monday took a jibe saying since he left Railways his successors were getting "derailed". "After I left Rail Ministry, none of my successors have been able to stay there...everybody is getting derailed in the ministry," Lalu, who served as a rail minister in UPA-I, told reporters.
Lalu was commenting on resignation of Pawan Kumar Bansal as Railway minister in the wake of bribery case involving his nephew.
Prasad's stint as Rail minister when he did not allow increase in passenger or freight fares was hailed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on several occasions.
On BJP demanding resignation of the PM in coalgate scam, the RJD leader, extending outside support to UPA-II, dismissed the demand and advised the party to care for its own house instead of levelling charges on others.
"BJP does not have any positive agenda that is why it fell flat in the Karnataka elections," he said. In reply to a question whether Nitish Kumar's "Bihar model" or his rival Narendra Modi's "Gujarat model" was better, the RJD chief said, "Gujarat has been a developed state and Narendra Modi has not contribution in making it prosperous".
"He (Modi) instead got Bohra community Muslims killed," he alleged.
The RJD president made a scathing attack on his rival Nitish Kumar and said NDA government was gripped with corruption and unruliness. Prasad said the May 15 rally of his party in Patna would begin countdown for farewell of Nitish Kumar government in Bihar and would also dash "RSS dream to come to power in Delhi riding on shoulders of NDA."
"The May 15 'Parivartan rally' will decide future course of action of RJD," he said. The RJD chief criticised the Bihar CM for spreading "misinformation" about his rally that it was aimed at launching his sons in politics.
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan