DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Land Acquisition Bill: All party meet today
While the Left wants the Land Bill to be sent back to the standing committee, the Trinamool Congress has completely rejected it.
New Delhi: The government will convene an all party meet on Tuesday to iron out the controversial Land Acquisition Bill. Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath has called the meeting as the party meet could not reach a consensus by March 7.
While the Left wants the Land Bill to be sent back to the standing committee, the Trinamool Congress has completely rejected it. Earlier in April, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had said, "The Land Acquisition and Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill has been cleared by the Cabinet and will soon go to Parliament".
The long awaited Land Bill seeks to address problems of the industry with regards to acquisition of land for setting up green field projects.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
Recommended For You
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Batting At 4 Won't Affect CT Preparation: Rohit
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?