Land Acquisition Bill: All party meet today
While the Left wants the Land Bill to be sent back to the standing committee, the Trinamool Congress has completely rejected it.
New Delhi: The government will convene an all party meet on Tuesday to iron out the controversial Land Acquisition Bill. Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath has called the meeting as the party meet could not reach a consensus by March 7.
While the Left wants the Land Bill to be sent back to the standing committee, the Trinamool Congress has completely rejected it. Earlier in April, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had said, "The Land Acquisition and Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill has been cleared by the Cabinet and will soon go to Parliament".
The long awaited Land Bill seeks to address problems of the industry with regards to acquisition of land for setting up green field projects.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- Parched Trailer Gives Closer Look at Rajasthani Rural Womanhood
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Tannishtha Chatterjee Win Big at LIFFI
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
- Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Won't Be Screened In Pakistan