DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Allahabad station stampede: Rajnath Singh demands probe
The stampede occurred at platforms no 5 and 6 where thousands of passengers, mostly Maha Kumbh devotees, had gathered to board a train.
New Delhi: Condoling the loss of lives in the stampede at Allahabad, BJP President Rajnath Singh on Monday said the incident could have been avoided if adequate precautions had been taken at the railway station teeming with thousands of Kumbh pilgrims.
Demanding an investigation into the incident, he said those responsible for it should be punished. "I believe that if precautions could have been taken at the railway station earlier, this incident could have been avoided," he said.
"Whoever is responsible for this must be punished. I offer my condolences to all the grieving families," he said. A stampede broke out at the Allahabad Railway Station on Sunday, leaving 36 people dead.
The stampede occurred at platforms no 5 and 6 where thousands of passengers, mostly Maha Kumbh devotees returning after taking the holy dip at the Sangam, had gathered to board a train.
Recommended For You
- Govt Says No Chance of Indo-Pak Bilateral Series in Current Scenario
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Did Priyanka Chopra Just Talk About Her Relationship With Shah Rukh Khan?
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar