Alliance with DMK strong: Manmohan
Karunanidhi, who did not meet the prime minister on Sunday, called on Manmohan Singh.
Chennai: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who met Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi on Monday said that ties with the DMK were "strong and cordial".
"The alliance with DMK is strong and cordial," Manmohan Singh told public broadcaster Doordarshan on the sidelines of the 98th Indian Science Congress.
Karunanidhi, who did not meet the prime minister Sunday, called on Manmohan Singh Monday morning at the Raj Bhavan.
The DMK leader too had said the the alliance was intact.
"The alliance is intact," Karunanidhi told reporters after the meeting, adding that he could not meet Manmohan Singh Sunday due to a prior engagement.
The meeting, which lasted 25 minutes, was the first between Manmohan Singh and Karunanidhi after the raids by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on the houses and offices of DMK MP and former communications minister A. Raja and his associates in connection with the 2G spectrum scandal.
Following the raids, Raja was also questioned by the CBI in New Delhi.
Manmohan Singh Monday inaugurated the 98th Indian Science Congress at the SRM University in Kattankalathur.
Recommended For You
- TOKYO 2020 DREAMSMy Aim is to Equal Sushil's Feat of Two Olympic Medals: Sakshi Malik
- revisiting old times!Rekha Is Ditching Kanjivaram Saris For Something Strange These Days
- Wedding bells?Bigg Boss 10: Mona Lisa's Boyfriend to Enter the House to Propose to Her
- inside storyLack of Hotel Room Delays Virat and Co Arrival in Cuttack
- The Next GalaxySamsung Galaxy S8 Revealed: Price, Specs And Everything Else You Need to Know