DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Alliance with DMK strong: Manmohan
Karunanidhi, who did not meet the prime minister on Sunday, called on Manmohan Singh.
Chennai: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who met Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi on Monday said that ties with the DMK were "strong and cordial".
"The alliance with DMK is strong and cordial," Manmohan Singh told public broadcaster Doordarshan on the sidelines of the 98th Indian Science Congress.
Karunanidhi, who did not meet the prime minister Sunday, called on Manmohan Singh Monday morning at the Raj Bhavan.
The DMK leader too had said the the alliance was intact.
"The alliance is intact," Karunanidhi told reporters after the meeting, adding that he could not meet Manmohan Singh Sunday due to a prior engagement.
The meeting, which lasted 25 minutes, was the first between Manmohan Singh and Karunanidhi after the raids by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on the houses and offices of DMK MP and former communications minister A. Raja and his associates in connection with the 2G spectrum scandal.
Following the raids, Raja was also questioned by the CBI in New Delhi.
Manmohan Singh Monday inaugurated the 98th Indian Science Congress at the SRM University in Kattankalathur.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong