Amar Singh Hails Demonetisation Move, Says it Needs Effective Implementation
Toeing a line different from his party's stand on demonetisation, Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh on Friday said Prime Minister Narendra Modi decision was a bold one and needs suggestion for effective implementation.
File photos of Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav and Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh. (GETTY IMAGES)
Jodhpur: Toeing a line different from his party's stand on demonetisation, Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh on Friday said Prime Minister Narendra Modi decision was a bold one and needs suggestion for effective implementation.
"I am not from BJP, but would definitely say that the decision was a bold one and feel that instead of criticising it, the need was to give suggestions to achieve the desired results," Singh, who arrived here to attend a private function, told reporters at the Jodhpur civil airport here.
He also said that suggestions should be given to Modi so that the trouble, whatsoever, the common man was facing, could be solved.
To allegations that the government was not well prepared and no adequate time was given before implementing the decision, Singh said, had they been given time, the objective of the decision would have been defeated as entire black money would have adjusted.
"Though, there are some practical snags in this plan, but if it succeeds, people would have their entire black money wasted and they would be prompted in future to pay the taxes," he said, adding that this would lead to an economic equilibrium in the society and reduction in real estate prices.
Recommended For You
- These Chinese Quiz Games Are Offering Millions of Cash Prizes For 10-Second Rapid Fire Questions
- Sidharth Malhotra On Aiyaary And PadMan Clash: It Irritates, But Now It's Too Late
- Looking Forward to Make Most of Opportunity in SA, Says Iyer
- Stop Monkeying Around, Farhan Akhtar & Prakash Raj Tell Satyapal Singh; Minister Defiant
- 'This is the Best Catch You Will Ever See,' Weatherald Takes a Blinder in BBL