Amar Singh Hails Demonetisation Move, Says it Needs Effective Implementation
File photos of Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav and Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh. (GETTY IMAGES)
Jodhpur: Toeing a line different from his party's stand on demonetisation, Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh on Friday said Prime Minister Narendra Modi decision was a bold one and needs suggestion for effective implementation.
"I am not from BJP, but would definitely say that the decision was a bold one and feel that instead of criticising it, the need was to give suggestions to achieve the desired results," Singh, who arrived here to attend a private function, told reporters at the Jodhpur civil airport here.
He also said that suggestions should be given to Modi so that the trouble, whatsoever, the common man was facing, could be solved.
To allegations that the government was not well prepared and no adequate time was given before implementing the decision, Singh said, had they been given time, the objective of the decision would have been defeated as entire black money would have adjusted.
"Though, there are some practical snags in this plan, but if it succeeds, people would have their entire black money wasted and they would be prompted in future to pay the taxes," he said, adding that this would lead to an economic equilibrium in the society and reduction in real estate prices.
Recommended For You
- Top 5 Upcoming SUVs in India in 2017 - Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford Ecosport and More
- Rishabh Pant Finds the Perfect Mentor in MS Dhoni
- Mubarakan Title Track: Anil-Arjun Present to You the New Party Anthem
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- 2-Minute Exercise: Gauahar Khan Talks About The Benefits of Squats