Cash-for-votes: Amar Singh bail plea adjourned
The Rajya Sabha MP was arrested on September 6 for his alleged involvement in 2008 cash-for-vote scam.
New Delhi: Delhi High Court on Wednesday adjourned Rajya Sabha MP and former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh's bail plea till October 19.
Singh had moved the court after his regular and interim bail were rejected by a lower court on the September 28.
Singh was in judicial custody at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) as his both interim and regular bail pleas were rejected.
Singh was arrested on September 6 after he appeared before the court in response to the court summons to him for his alleged involvement in 2008 cash-for-vote scam.
He, however, had to be rushed to the AIIMS from Tihar jail after a bout of vomiting and diarrhoea on September 12 evening and later the court granted him interim bail on September 15.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology