I take responsibility for Punjab loss: Amarinder
Punjab Congress chief Captain Amarinder Singh said the party will introspect to find out the reasons for the loss.
New Delhi: Punjab Congress chief and former chief minister Amarinder Singh said that he was ready to step down taking full responsibility for the party's loss in Punjab assembly elections.
"This is my fight and my loss. I take full responsibility of this battle. All workers and party members worked very well. We will do an introspection of the loss," said Amarinder while addressing a press conference after it became clear that the Shiromani Akali Dal-Bharatiya Janata Dal has managed to retain power.
"My party supported fully and I am fully committed to the party. I have spoken to the Congress President (Sonia Gandhi) and she wants I will step down," Amarinder said.
The Congress leader said that the candidates were selected by the state leadership and had the full backing of the party President
"Tickets were given the way state wanted. The Congress President fully backed me. I wish this government well," he added.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology