I take responsibility for Punjab loss: Amarinder
Punjab Congress chief Captain Amarinder Singh said the party will introspect to find out the reasons for the loss.
New Delhi: Punjab Congress chief and former chief minister Amarinder Singh said that he was ready to step down taking full responsibility for the party's loss in Punjab assembly elections.
"This is my fight and my loss. I take full responsibility of this battle. All workers and party members worked very well. We will do an introspection of the loss," said Amarinder while addressing a press conference after it became clear that the Shiromani Akali Dal-Bharatiya Janata Dal has managed to retain power.
"My party supported fully and I am fully committed to the party. I have spoken to the Congress President (Sonia Gandhi) and she wants I will step down," Amarinder said.
The Congress leader said that the candidates were selected by the state leadership and had the full backing of the party President
"Tickets were given the way state wanted. The Congress President fully backed me. I wish this government well," he added.
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM