DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Prajapati case: SC stays proceedings against Amit Shah
According to the apex court order, Shah can not be arrested in the Prajapati fake encounter case till November 23.
New Delhi: In a major relief to former Gujarat home minister Amit Shah, the Supreme Court on Thursday stayed the proceedings against him in a trial court in connection with the Tulsiram Prajapati fake encounter case. According to the apex court order, Shah can not be arrested in the case till November 23.
This comes less than a month after the Supreme Court had lifted a ban on the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLA's travel to Gujarat in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case. Following the order of the Supreme Court, Shah had returned to Gujarat to a rousing welcome.
Notably, these reliefs for the former state home minister have come ahead of the Assembly elections in Gujarat. However, it is yet to be seen if Amit Shah will get a ticket to contest the Assembly elections.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users