Amit Shah Welcomes Nitish Kumar's Support For Demonetisation
File photo of Amit Shah and Nitish Kumar
New Delhi: BJP President Amit Shah on Sunday welcomed Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar's support for demonetisation.
While addressing a public gathering in Bengaluru, he said, "I would like to thank Nitish Kumar that he stood by our Prime Minister Narendra Modi on this move."
The demonetisation decision taken by Prime Minister Narendra Modi is aimed at curbing black money and it will not harm farmers or the common man or woman,” he asserted.
I welcome Bihar CM Nitish Kumar's support for PM Narendra Modi's fight against black money: Amit Shah pic.twitter.com/VvDMZyGLZ1
— ANI (@ANI_news) 27 November 2016
Taking a dig at the opposition unity against demonetisation, he said leaders such as Manmohan Singh, Mamata Banerjee, Arvind Kejriwal, Mulayam Singh have lost their sleep as their parties were hit hard by the Centre's move.
Meanwhile, Nitish Kumar had earlier said that his support to demonetisation has nothing to do with politics.
He has urged PM Modi to act against people holding 'benami' (held by proxy) properties. "After demonetisation, the central government should take action against 'benami' properties," he said.
Nitish is the only senior leader in the opposition who has openly backed PM Modi on demonetisation.
Though he denied meeting Bharatiya Amit Shah and his alleged efforts to get close to the party.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines