Amit Shah wins from Naranpura in Ahmedabad
Shah contested from the Naranpura constituency in Ahmedabad, and won by more than 30,000 votes.
Ahmedabad: Amit Shah, former Gujarat minister of state for home and an accused in the Soharabuddin Sheikh and Tulsi Prajapati staged shootout cases, won from his constituency on Thursday.
Shah contested from the Naranpura constituency in Ahmedabad, and won by more than 30,000 votes. In the previous elections, Shah had won from the Sarkhej assembly constituency, with a margin of over 2.50 lakh votes.
Known to be a close aide of Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Shah has returned to Gujarat after a gap of two years on the Supreme Court's clearance after it had banished him from the state.
Although there were 10 candidates contesting for the Naranpura seat, it was a direct fight between Shah and Jeetubhai Patel of the Congress.
Recommended For You
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw