Amitabh Mattoo Quits as Mehbooba Mufti's Advisor
Prominent academician and former vice chancellor of Jammu University Professor Amitabh Mattoo tendered his resignation as advisor to Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Wednesday.
File photo of Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti. (Reuters)
Srinagar: Prominent academician and former vice chancellor of Jammu University Professor Amitabh Mattoo tendered his resignation as advisor to Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Wednesday.
Reasons for his abrupt resignation were not immediately clear but sources in the state government told News18 it could be related to a senior bureaucrat “mocking” him at a government meeting.
A source in the Chief Minister’s office admitted that Mattoo has tendered his resignation but said the CM was trying to persuade him to stay back.
Mattoo refused to comment on the development but told News18 that he will get back on the issue.
Mattoo, whose family is close to the Muftis for many decades, was named as an advisor to Mehbooba with the status of a cabinet minister in April earlier this year. He also served as advisor to chief minister Mufti Muhammad Sayeed, who died on January 7.
Recommended For You
- Manish Pandey, Shardul Thakur Look to Make Most of Big Opportunity
- Infosys Regrets Vishal Sikka’s Resignation; Issues Statement on His Current Role, Salary
- Top 5 Affordable Diesel Cars in India - Tata Tiago, Hyundai Grand i10 and more
- Soha's Baby Shower: Kareena, Karisma, Konkona Join In Celebrations
- Dale Steyn All Set to Return to Competitive Cricket