Amitabh Mattoo Quits as Mehbooba Mufti's Advisor
File photo of Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti. (Reuters)
Srinagar: Prominent academician and former vice chancellor of Jammu University Professor Amitabh Mattoo tendered his resignation as advisor to Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Wednesday.
Reasons for his abrupt resignation were not immediately clear but sources in the state government told News18 it could be related to a senior bureaucrat “mocking” him at a government meeting.
A source in the Chief Minister’s office admitted that Mattoo has tendered his resignation but said the CM was trying to persuade him to stay back.
Mattoo refused to comment on the development but told News18 that he will get back on the issue.
Mattoo, whose family is close to the Muftis for many decades, was named as an advisor to Mehbooba with the status of a cabinet minister in April earlier this year. He also served as advisor to chief minister Mufti Muhammad Sayeed, who died on January 7.
Recommended For You
- Eoin Morgan Defends Dropping Himself for South Africa Finale
- OnePlus 5 vs OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What Difference to Expect?
- Jaguar Teases E-pace, to Make Global Debut on July 13th
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Srikanth Beats Olympic Champion Chen Long to Win Fourth Superseries