Hyderabad blasts: AP CM assures culprits will be booked soon
Kiran Kumar Reddy announced a compensation of Rs 6 lakh each for the families of those who were killed in the attack.
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Thursday condemned the twin blasts which took place in Hyderabad and announced a compensation of Rs 6 lakh each for the families of those who were killed in the explosions. He said that the state government will bear the expenses of medical treatment of all those who were injured in the incident.
Reddy condemned the blasts and said the culprits would be booked as early as possible. "We condemn this barbaric act. The state government along with central government will see to it that the culprits are booked as early as possible," he said. The Chief Minister, who earlier visited the blast site, said the two places where the blasts took place are 150 meters from each other.
He said compensation for the injured would range from Rs 50,000 to Rs 1 lakh depending on the severity of their injuries. The Chief Minister said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, United Progressive Alliance (UPA) chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde spoke to him. "They assured all help from the centre and asked us to be alert about any such incidents happening again."
Reddy said an alert was sounded across the state and police were directed to take all steps to prevent such incidents. The Chief Minister said the state had formed special teams to track down the culprits while the special teams were also arriving from Delhi.
(With additional information from IANS)
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock
- India Shouldn't Unilaterally Scrap Indus Waters Treaty: Medha Patkar
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey