Andhra: YSR's brother-in-law sent to jail in forgery case
Ravindranath Reddy surrendered after the state High Court refused to grant him anticipatory bail.
Hyderabad: YSR Congress party leader P Ravindranath Reddy, brother-in-law of late chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy, was sent to judicial custody till March 11 by a court in Kadapa after he surrendered in a forgery case, on Tuesday.
The former mayor of Kadapa surrendered in the court of first additional magistrate, who remanded him to judicial custody.
Ravindranath Reddy was in hiding since January when police booked him for cheating and forgery on a complaint that he faked signature of an official.
He surrendered after the state high court refused to grant him anticipatory bail.
Srinivasulu Reddy lodged a complaint with police that the former mayor submitted a representation to the divisional cooperative officer by affixing the seal of the district cooperative officer.
In that representation, he had demanded an inquiry into bogus members allegedly enrolled by opposition Telugu Desam Party (TDP) in a primary agricultural cooperative society in view the cooperative elections.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner