Anna Hazare to campaign only for Arvind Kejriwal's party
He also accused political parties of practicing unfair means to collect donations.
Bhubaneswar: Social activist Anna Hazare on Saturday said he will campaign only for candidates put up by Arvind Kejriwal and ruled out the possibility of supporting people from other parties. "I will campaign only for Kejriwal's candidates," Hazare told reporters here. "There may be good people in other parties but who has the control?"
Criticising other political parties for indulging in politics in the name of caste and communities, the 75-year-old activist also accused them of practicing unfair means to collect donations.
He said other political parties collected huge donations from vested interests and corporates but break them into amounts less than Rs 20,000 to hide the identities of the donors.
He also accused political parties of being controlled by individuals. "I know Kejriwal. He has not done anything for himself. He is doing everything for the country," Hazare said, reiterating that he will however examine the candidates and back them only the deserving ones.
"I will check them. If they are found to be good, if they are proper candidates, I will campaign for those candidates," he said.
The India Against Corruption founder is on a three-day Odisha visit since Thursday. He addressed students, farmers and others.
- India, New Zealand Sign Three Agreements
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Celebrities Send Diwali Greetings To Jawans Following PM Modi's #Sandesh2Soldiers Campaign
- Windfall for Ace Lawyers As Tata-Mistry Courtroom Battle Set to Prolong
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'