Anna recreates JP's aura in Patna, launches Janatantra Morcha
At the rally, Anna gave the call for a 'second freedom movement' and vowed to realise the dreams of 'Sampurna Kranti of Mahatma Gandhi and Jayaprakash Narayan.
Patna: Anti-graft activist Anna Hazare, who launched his Janatantra Morcha in Patna on Wednesday, sought to recreate the aura of legendary socialist leader Jayaprakash Narayan and conducted himself in a manner to remind one and all about the leader who had launched the first movement against corruption in the country about three decades ago.
Hazare spent two days at JP's residence at Charkha Samiti in Kadam Kuan in the city and was driven in an open jeep through the same lanes and bylanes through which the socialist leader was driven enroute to Gandhi Maidan on the fateful day in 1974 from where he had called for a 'war against corruption'.
At the rally he gave the call for a 'second freedom movement' and vowed to realise the dreams of 'Sampurna Kranti (total revolution) of Mahatma Gandhi and JP. Like JP, Hazare spoke to the youths in the audience about various virtues and vices in both personal and public life during his hour-long speech and asked them to stay away from drinking and smoking and build a spotless character.
Enthused by the participation of a large number of youths in his rally, the 75-year-old activist said he was feeling enthusiastic like a 50-year-old. He also released a book written by Kiran Bedi and Pawan Chaudhary titled 'Uprising 2011 India Against Corruption' at the rally.
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter
- Google Station, YouTube Go, Google Play for 2G Launched
- Google to Provide Public Wi-Fi Hotspots in Malls, Universities in India
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Attempt to Block Islamabad's Share of Water "Act of War": Sartaj Aziz
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA