Anna Hazare to hold rally in Patna today
Former army chief General VK Singh and former Team Anna member Kiran Bedi are also expected to attend the rally.
Patna: Anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare will be holding a rally in Patna on Wednesday to launch a farmers' movement. The movement will be extended to Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana and Karnataka over the next year. Former army chief General VK Singh and former Team Anna member Kiran Bedi are also expected to attend the rally.
Anna had earlier said that following failure of farmers organisations to unite, it has led to neglect of agriculture sector by the rulers. "Keeping in mind the need to strengthen farmers organisations, I decided to start nationwide tour for one and half years and sit for satyagraha before Lok Sabha polls at Ramleela Maidan, New Delhi," he said.
Addressing the gathering after receiving the prestigious "Basava Krushi" (agricultural award named after 12th century social reformer Basaveshwara), instituted by 'Kudalasangama Lingayat Panchamasali Mahapeeth' in Bagalkot, he said "I will tour in Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Panjab and Karnataka and start agitation by organising farmers community".
With Additional Inputs from PTI
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game