Anna Hazare to hold rally in Patna today
Former army chief General VK Singh and former Team Anna member Kiran Bedi are also expected to attend the rally.
Patna: Anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare will be holding a rally in Patna on Wednesday to launch a farmers' movement. The movement will be extended to Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana and Karnataka over the next year. Former army chief General VK Singh and former Team Anna member Kiran Bedi are also expected to attend the rally.
Anna had earlier said that following failure of farmers organisations to unite, it has led to neglect of agriculture sector by the rulers. "Keeping in mind the need to strengthen farmers organisations, I decided to start nationwide tour for one and half years and sit for satyagraha before Lok Sabha polls at Ramleela Maidan, New Delhi," he said.
Addressing the gathering after receiving the prestigious "Basava Krushi" (agricultural award named after 12th century social reformer Basaveshwara), instituted by 'Kudalasangama Lingayat Panchamasali Mahapeeth' in Bagalkot, he said "I will tour in Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Panjab and Karnataka and start agitation by organising farmers community".
With Additional Inputs from PTI
- Hillary Clinton Achieves 12-Point Lead over Trump
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan