Anna supporters protest outside PM's house again
The supporters also protested outside the residences of Union Ministers Salman Khurshid and Vilasrao Deshmukh.
New Delhi: Team Anna supporters on Wednesday staged protests twice outisde Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's official residence here to press for their demand for Lokpal Bill.
The first protest took place at around 6 pm while the second one at around 10:45 pm. In the first protest, around 31 were detained while in the late night protest, over a dozen were taken into custody.
The supporters, during the day, also protested outside the residences of Union Ministers Salman Khurshid and Vilasrao Deshmukh.
The protests came as the health of three activists - Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai - whose fast entered the eighth day - deteriorated.
Several Team Anna supporters also held a protest at the BJP headquarters on Ashoka Road demanding that the party support Hazare's campaign against corruption.
The protesters, who wore Team Anna badges and caps, shouted slogans against the party near the entrance of the BJP office. They demanded BJP support Hazare's campaign against corruption.
Police removed the protesters from the venue.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More