Anna supporters protest outside PM's house again
The supporters also protested outside the residences of Union Ministers Salman Khurshid and Vilasrao Deshmukh.
New Delhi: Team Anna supporters on Wednesday staged protests twice outisde Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's official residence here to press for their demand for Lokpal Bill.
The first protest took place at around 6 pm while the second one at around 10:45 pm. In the first protest, around 31 were detained while in the late night protest, over a dozen were taken into custody.
The supporters, during the day, also protested outside the residences of Union Ministers Salman Khurshid and Vilasrao Deshmukh.
The protests came as the health of three activists - Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai - whose fast entered the eighth day - deteriorated.
Several Team Anna supporters also held a protest at the BJP headquarters on Ashoka Road demanding that the party support Hazare's campaign against corruption.
The protesters, who wore Team Anna badges and caps, shouted slogans against the party near the entrance of the BJP office. They demanded BJP support Hazare's campaign against corruption.
Police removed the protesters from the venue.
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter
- Google Station, YouTube Go, Google Play for 2G Launched
- Watch: Exclusive Interview With Former Pakistan Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Will Pakistan Ever Accept Any Evidence Provided By India on Terror Propagated From Pak Soil?
- India Pulls Out of Saarc Meet, is Pakistan's Isolation Complete?