Anna's Delhi office based in Cong worker's house: Residents
Team Anna, which has taken up a room on a monthly rent of Rs 50,000, has dismissed the charge as illogical.
New Delhi: Is Anna Hazare's new rented office in New Delhi based in the house of a Congress worker? The residents welfare association (RWA) of south Delhi's Sarvodaya Enclave, where Hazare has taken up a room at a monthly rent of Rs 50,000, alleged on Sunday that the property belonged to a Congress worker. Team Anna, however, dismissed the allegation as illogical.
Soon after Hazare inaugurated the office at house number B-18 in Sarvodaya Enclave, the RWA said the anti-corruption activist should have rented a non-political person's property. "The owner Mahesh Sharma is an active member of the Congress party, who had sought ticket for councillor in the last municipal corporation elections," Payal Aggrawal, vice president of the RWA, said.
"We support the movement but condemn the decision of hiring the house of a political man. We want to be a part of it (movement) but now that the office is being run from the house of a member of a political party, we won't," she said. Sharma denied being a member of any political party.
"I have rented my house to them (Team Anna). I give my house for rent to anyone who wants it. I am not a member of any political party," he said. Shivendra Singh Chauhan, member of Team Anna, said: "It is illogical that the RWA is questioning about anyone being the supporter of any party." "If he (Sharma) is a Congressman and votes for the party, then how could it affect our movement? The house is hired on monthly rent," said Chauhan.
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster May be Good for Tata Steel's UK Operations, Says Media
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- No One Needs to Give Proof of Their Patriotism, Says CBFC Chief Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Controversy: Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official