DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Another DMK leader arrested in land grab case
The opposition party is dubbing the arrests in the land grabbing cases as a political vendetta.
Chennai: Senior DMK leader and former Tamil Nadu Minister K Ponmudi was arrested on Wednesday in a land grabbing case. He was arrested from his native Villupuram, 160 km from Chennai, police said.
He is the fourth former minister after Veerapandi S Arumugam (Salem), KN Nehru (Tiruchirappalli) and NKKP Raja (Erode) to be arrested on land grabbing charges in the crackdown launched by the Jayalalithaa Government on land grabbing.
Besides these four, several other DMK functionaries including MLAs J Anbazhagan (Chepauk) and Soundarapandian (Lalgudi) and some close associates of Union Minister MK Alagiri have been arrested by the police in the past three months, an action dubbed as political vendetta by the opposition party.
Jayalalithaa had recently announced that her government had returned over Rs 400 crore worth land to its rightful owners since it came to power three months ago.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Suffering from Fever, Says Reports