DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
AP CM meets Ghulam Nabi Azad, Sonia over Telangana
Pro-Telangana groups have been protesting against what they term a betrayal of the promise made by the Home Minister.
New Delhi: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy met Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi in the capital on Monday to discuss the Telangana row. These talks come after the Centre went back on its promise last month to grant statehood to Telangana.
Pro-Telangana groups have been protesting against what they term a betrayal of the promise made by Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde. State Congress President B Satyanarayana is also expected to go to Delhi for consultations undertaken by the Congress high-command.
Azad, in-charge of Congress affairs in Andhra Pradesh, had said the central leadership would discuss the Telangana issue with the Chief Minister, the PCC president and senior leaders from the three regions of the state as part of a consultation process.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Sachin A Billion Dreams Review: Ode to Memories of Sachin Tendulkar
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Hardik Pandya Credits Rahul Dravid for His Meteoric Rise