AP CM meets Ghulam Nabi Azad, Sonia over Telangana
Pro-Telangana groups have been protesting against what they term a betrayal of the promise made by the Home Minister.
New Delhi: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy met Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi in the capital on Monday to discuss the Telangana row. These talks come after the Centre went back on its promise last month to grant statehood to Telangana.
Pro-Telangana groups have been protesting against what they term a betrayal of the promise made by Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde. State Congress President B Satyanarayana is also expected to go to Delhi for consultations undertaken by the Congress high-command.
Azad, in-charge of Congress affairs in Andhra Pradesh, had said the central leadership would discuss the Telangana issue with the Chief Minister, the PCC president and senior leaders from the three regions of the state as part of a consultation process.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Varun Aaron Can't Wait to Work With Virender Sehwag
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner