AP Cong survives no-confidence motion on Telangana
Capping a day-long acrimonious debate in the Assembly, the motion was defeated by 84 votes in a head count by division.
Hyderabad: The Congress government in Andhra Pradesh on Friday won a no-confidence motion moved by TRS and supported by YSR Congress and other opposition parties. Capping a day-long acrimonious debate in the Assembly that went on till small hours of Saturday, the motion was defeated by 84 votes in a head count by division.
The no-confidence motion moved by TSR legislature party leader E Rajender got 58 votes in favour of it and 142 votes against it. The main opposition TDP remained neutral and the total number of neutral MLAs was 64.
Significantly several known rebel MLAs of ruling Congress and also TDP violated their party line as expected. Disciplinary action is expected to be taken against them. In an elaborate speech in defence of his government Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy highlighted the numerous development and welfare programs being implemented by his government and alleged that opposition parties moved the no-confidence motion as they feared a rout in the ensuing local body election and without a valid reason.
The Opposition parties mainly attacked the government over the prevailing power crisis in the state among other burning issues. The TRS said it moved the motion as the Congress failed to implement its promise to form separate Telangana state.
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18