AP: TDP urges Rahul Gandhi to help farmer's cause
The TDP leader also made an appeal to the farmers in those villages to fight against the state government.
Vijayawada: After the AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi was arrested in Uttar Pradesh for supporting farmers' agitation in Bhatta Parsaul, TDP President N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday invited him to Andhra Pradesh to support farmers' agitation against land acquisition for SEZ's by the state government.
Naidu said this during his visit to Veeravalli, Hanuman Junction and Nuziveed villages in Krishna district to interact with farmers.
"Instead of agitating at Noida in Uttar Pradesh, Rahul Gandhi should come to Andhra Pradesh to fight against indiscriminate acquisitions of farmers' lands by the state government at a throw-away prices, for the benefit of industrialists, over the past six years," Naidu said.
Naidu also said that the Congress-led state government was forcefully acquiring these agricultural lands.
The TDP leader also made an appeal to the farmers in those villages to fight against the state government until their paddy is procured at minimum support price. He also assured his support in the agitation.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance