DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Arjun's claim on Anderson's release not true: BJP
BJP leaders said Arjun Singh's claim on the issue of Warren Anderson's release was an attempt to shield Rajiv Gandhi.
Bhopal: BJP leaders on Friday disagreed with claims of late Congress leader Arjun Singh in his soon-to-be released autobiography on the issue of then Union Carbide chief Warren Anderson's release and alleged that it was an attempt to shield Rajiv Gandhi on the issue.
"Former Union Home Secretary RD Pradhan has already denied the contents. He (Arjun) was not stating facts correctly," former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Sunderlal Patwa said.
On whether it was an attempt to shield former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi on the issue, Patwa said "it is clearly visible."
He said that had Anderson not been released under the then Congress Government led by Arjun Singh, things would have been different for the Bhopal gas tragedy victims.
Madhya Pradesh Gas Tragedy Relief and Rehabilitation Minister Babulal Gaur also termed the Singh's claims as "far away from the truth".
"When I met him (Arjun Singh) on the issue number of times and discussed him about Anderson's release, he always told me that he acted on the directives of the Government of India," Gaur claimed.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Melania Trump Slaps Away Donald Trump's Hand Upon Arriving In Israel
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Video - Remembering Nicky Hayden, the Nicest Man in Grand Prix Racing
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player