Arvind Kejriwal Questions RBI's Way of Distributing Currency to Banks
A TV grab of Arvind Kejriwal. (Image: CNN-News18)
New Delhi: Latching onto media reports, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Friday raised questions on whether the Reserve Bank of India was distributing currency to banks in a fair manner.
"Is currency being distributed by RBI to bank branches in fair manner?" he asked.
According to media reports, the RBI has distributed Rs 42 lakh to a bank which has 4,000 customers following demonetisation. At the same time, it has reportedly dispensed Rs 3 lakh to a bank with 35 branches and 1.5 lakh customer base.
Recommended For You
- World RecordSubstitute Bangladesh Wicketkeeper Imrul Kayes Sets World Record
- revisiting old times!Rekha Is Ditching Kanjivaram Saris For Something Strange These Days
- on the front footI am a Born Congressman, This is My Ghar Wapsi: Navjot Singh Sidhu
- Partner ContentWatch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment
- The Next GalaxySamsung Galaxy S8 Revealed: Price, Specs And Everything Else You Need to Know