Arvind Kejriwal Questions RBI's Way of Distributing Currency to Banks
A TV grab of Arvind Kejriwal. (Image: CNN-News18)
New Delhi: Latching onto media reports, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Friday raised questions on whether the Reserve Bank of India was distributing currency to banks in a fair manner.
"Is currency being distributed by RBI to bank branches in fair manner?" he asked.
According to media reports, the RBI has distributed Rs 42 lakh to a bank which has 4,000 customers following demonetisation. At the same time, it has reportedly dispensed Rs 3 lakh to a bank with 35 branches and 1.5 lakh customer base.
Recommended For You
- England vs South Africa Live Score: 2nd T20I in Taunton
- BCCI Extends Timeline for Fresh Applications for Vacant Coach Job
- Tubelight Review: Recommended Strictly For Salman's Die-hard Fans
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- 2-Minute Exercise: Gauahar Khan Talks About The Benefits of Squats