Arvind Kejriwal Questions RBI's Way of Distributing Currency to Banks
A TV grab of Arvind Kejriwal. (Image: CNN-News18)
New Delhi: Latching onto media reports, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Friday raised questions on whether the Reserve Bank of India was distributing currency to banks in a fair manner.
"Is currency being distributed by RBI to bank branches in fair manner?" he asked.
According to media reports, the RBI has distributed Rs 42 lakh to a bank which has 4,000 customers following demonetisation. At the same time, it has reportedly dispensed Rs 3 lakh to a bank with 35 branches and 1.5 lakh customer base.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1