Arvind Kejriwal to Hold Nation-Wide Rallies Against Demonetisation
File Photo of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. (GETTY IMAGES)
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will hold six rallies over the next four weeks across the nation against the central government's demonetisation move, AAP announced on Thursday.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) will also hold demonstrations against the spiking of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes across all its district headquarters.
"On November 28 across the nation, the AAP will hold demonstrations at all district headquarters against the Rs 8 lakh crore scam," AAP leader Ashish Khetan told the media here.
He said Kejriwal will hold rallies in Meerut, Varanasi and Lucknow on December 1, 7 and 18 respectively.
The AAP convenor will hold rallies in Bhopal, Ranchi and Jaipur on December 20, 22 and 23.
"We will ask seven questions to the public through rallies about demonetisation," Khetan said.
The AAP has strongly opposed the central government's demonetisation move announced on November 8 and demanded its roll back.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Receives Special Gift From MS Dhoni After Beating England
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: 2GB vs 3GB vs 4GB RAM, Which One Should You Buy?
- 'India Still Wants Apology for 2014 Champions Trophy Incident'
- Bigg Boss 10: When Salman Khan's Thunder Was Stolen by His Nephew Ahil
- Yamaha R15 v3.0 Revealed, India Launch Likely Later This Year