Arvind Kejriwal Urges Amit Shah Not to Scuttle His Rally
File photo of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. (Getty Images)
Surat: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal urged BJP President Amit Shah not to disrupt his rally in Surat on Sunday evening.
"I have learnt that Amit Shah is trying various methods to scuttle the rally," the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader told the media.
"He is sending his people to different places (where I go) to stage protests," Kejriwal added.
"I appeal to Amit Shah that today's rally is not my rally. It is a rally of the Gujarat people and I request him not to put any impediments."
Asked about the arrival of a Delhi Police team here to arrest Delhi legislator Gulab Singh, the party in-charge of Gujarat, Kejriwal said it showed the BJP was scared of the AAP.
He said Delhi Police had arrested 13 AAP legislators in the national capital so far on various charges.
Meanwhile, AAP legislator Gulab Singh reached a police station here to offer himself for arrest.
Kejriwal is due to address an AAP rally in Surat along with party leader Kumar Vishwas.
Recommended For You
- Fallout of Indo-Pak Tension?Wasim Akram to Miss IPL 2017 Due to 'Professional Commitments'
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- Birthday SpecialDilip Kumar Birthday Special: 10 Memorable Films by the Actor
- CAPTAIN MARVELVirat Kohli: The Milestone Man
- MR CONSISTENTVirat Kohli Retains Second Spot In ICC ODI Rankings