DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Aam Aadmi Party set for Constitution Day launch
The IRS officer-turned-activist will pay homage to the father of the Constitution Dr BR Ambedkar ahead of the launch at 12 noon.
New Delhi: The latest entrant in Indian politics, bureaucrat-turned-anti-corruption crusader Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party will be officially launched at Jantar Mantar at 12 noon on Monday, which is also observed as the Constitution Day as the the Constitution of India was adopted on this day 63 years ago, in 1949.
Kejriwal will first pay tribute to the father of the Constitution, BR Ambedkar at Ambedkar Smriti and then head to Jantar Mantar. Kejriwal has invited all to become the founding members of the party by attending its inauguration ceremony.
On Sunday, Kejriwal was elected the convenor of the party. Its National Executive has 23 members which include Prashant Bhushan, Kumar Vishwas and political analyst Yongendra Yadav. The AAP has reiterated that there will be no place for dynastic politics in the party and that only one member per family will be present in one unit.
Monday also marks the fourth anniversary of the gruesome 26/11 Mumbai carnage. Kejriwal is expected to pay homage to the victims and the martyrs of the attacks on his way to the launch venue.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?