Ashok Khemka questions police 'failure' to nab caller
Khemka, who is in the news following the recent controversy over land deals involving Robert Vadra, has claimed to have received two threat calls.
Chandigarh: Senior Haryana IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who claimed to have got two threat calls within a fortnight, on Friday, questioned the functioning of the state police over its alleged failure to nab the caller. "The Panchkula ACP calls me and tells me that she will take my statement...I fail to understand why police is taking time to identify the caller...police is wasting precious time...it is unprofessional on the part of police," the officer said.
Khemka, who is in the news following the recent controversy over land deals involving Robert Vadra, has claimed to have received two threat calls. On state Chief Secretary PK Chaudhery having called him following the threat complaint to Panckula Police, he said that "as long as police identify the caller and nab him and take a legal action against him it is fair enough." "I don't know why the CS has called me... but I will meet him either this evening or on Monday," he said.
He questioned why police is waiting when the matter was reported to it on October 30. "Are they waiting to let loose the man...erase call details...it is not a big task to nab the caller when his number has been provided to police," he added. On being questioned whether he will press for security cover in the wake of repeated threat calls to him, he said "I don't think security cover will help in stopping such calls." "The security cover is more like a paraphernalia...a kind of show," the 1991 batch IAS officer said.
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Lenovo Z2 Plus With Snapdragon 820 Processor Launched At Rs 17,999