DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Assam: Congress leader allegedly rapes woman
Bikramsingh Brahma allegedly entered the woman's house forcefully at 2 am and raped her.
New Delhi: In an embarrassment to the Congress ahead of the panchayat elections in February, a case has been registered against a local party leader in the Bodoland area of Assam for allegedly raping a woman on Thursday morning.
Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) Congress Committee chief convener Bikramsingh Brahma allegedly entered the woman's house forcefully at around 2 am and raped her. It was only when the woman, a mother of two, cried out for help that the villagers reached and rescued her. They caught hold of Brahma and beat him up till the local police reached. The Congress has expelled Brahma from the party.
Police said they have taken the woman's statement and have registered a case against Brahma.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka, Ranveer Extend Their Love to Sachin Tendulkar For His Biopic
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer Gives Detailed Glimpse of Vulture
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- 1st ODI: Morgan Slams Ton As England Crush South Africa