Assam: Congress leader allegedly rapes woman
Bikramsingh Brahma allegedly entered the woman's house forcefully at 2 am and raped her.
New Delhi: In an embarrassment to the Congress ahead of the panchayat elections in February, a case has been registered against a local party leader in the Bodoland area of Assam for allegedly raping a woman on Thursday morning.
Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) Congress Committee chief convener Bikramsingh Brahma allegedly entered the woman's house forcefully at around 2 am and raped her. It was only when the woman, a mother of two, cried out for help that the villagers reached and rescued her. They caught hold of Brahma and beat him up till the local police reached. The Congress has expelled Brahma from the party.
Police said they have taken the woman's statement and have registered a case against Brahma.
Recommended For You
- Bye-Bye 'Boom Boom' as Shahid Afridi Ends International Career
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner