DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Assam: Gogoi may stake claim on Wednesday
Gogoi said the next govt would have to be formed on or before May 19 when the term of the current Assembly expires.
Guwahati: Tarun Gogoi is likely to be elected leader of the Congress Legislature Party on May 17 when Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee could be present, party sources said on Sunday.
Gogoi would meet Governor J B Patnaik the next day to stake claim to form government, sources said.
The chief minister had said the next government would have to be formed on or before May 19 when the term of the currently Assembly expires.
Meanwhile, Gogoi went to Rajbhavan this evening and resigned as outgoing chief minister, after chairing the last cabinet meeting which decided to dissolve the Assembly. Congress returned to power in Assam for the third time
in a row winning 78 of the 126Assembly seats.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh Joins Squad After Illness