DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Assam: Miscreants fire at Cong leader's house
The attackers fired two shots at the house of Liladhar Konwar and fled.
Guwahati: Unidentified gunmen tonight, opened fire on the house of Congress leader in Golaghat district but there was no report of any casualty, official sources said.
The attackers fired two shots at the house of Liladhar Konwar, the Congress general secretary of the Doyang Mandal area, and fled, the sources said.
The identity of the attackers was yet to be ascertained, they added.
Five Congress leaders were injured in an IED explosion at the Assam Pradesh Congress headquarters Rajiv Bhavan in Guwhati on Monday.
The anti-talk faction of the ULFA led by Paresh Baruah through an email to the media had claimed responsibility for the blast in the Congress headquarters.
Assembly polls in Assam are slated to be held on April 4 and 11.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Rafael Nadal Says He Almost 'Destroyed' His Wrist at French Open
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Champions Trophy: No Room for Mistakes, Says Kane Williamson
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere