Assam polls: Prafulla Kumar Mahanta files papers
Former CM Mahanta and AGP president Patowary were among the 205 candidates who filed nomination for Assam Polls.
Guwahati: Former Chief Minister Prafulla Kumar Mahanta and Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) president Chandra Mohan Patowary were among the 205 candidates who filed nomination for the second phase of Assam assembly election on Thursday, the penultimate day for filing of papers.
According to additional chief electoral officer M C Sahu, 205 candidates have filed their nomination today for the second phase which goes to the poll on April 11.
March 26 will the date for scrutiny. Mahanta, leader of the opposition and AGP leader filed nomination in both the Bahrampur and Samuguri assembly constituencies.
Patowary has put in his papers for the Dharmapur seat.
- Afghanistan Defends India's Surgical Strikes Along LoC
- Adnan Sami Responds To Haters After He Was Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 1st ODI, Sharjah
- Hillary Fears Emergence of Nuclear Suicide Bombers from Pakistan
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- Rishi, Neetu and Riddhima Post Messages For Ranbir Kapoor On His Birthday
- Time to Stop All India-Pak Relations, Business, Sports, Cinema?