Babri Masjid demolition rocks Lok Sabha
Shafiqur Rahman Barq (BSP) waved black flag and rued that those guilty of demolition were still not brought to justice.
New Delhi: The Babri Masjid demolition rocked the Lok Sabha on Thursday with some members demanding action on the report of Liberhan Commission which probed its demolition 20 years ago. As the Lok Sabha convened, Shafiqur Rahman Barq (BSP) waved black flag in the House and rued that those guilty of demolition were still not brought to justice.
Reacting angrily, Speaker Meira Kumar told Barq that he was insulting the House by waving black flag and directed him to keep it aside. Soon, Barq, Asaduddin Owaisi (MIM) and a few other members trooped to the Well demanding action against perpetrators of the demolition of the Babri Masjid in Ayodhya.
Members continued with their protests even as a Pakistani Parliamentary delegation, on a visit to the Lok Sabha, was seated in the Special Box. BJP members trooped into the Well demanding that Barq be suspended for waving black flag in the House.
Shiv Sena and BJP members were shouting slogans "mandir wahin banayengey (the temple will be built there only)". Basudeb Acharia (CPI-M) and TR Baalu (DMK) wanted the government to respond to the demand by members.
The Speaker's assurance to allow members to raise the issue during Zero Hour did not pacify them, forcing her to adjourn the House till noon.
- India Sabotaging Peace In The Region: Pakistan
- India identifies five terror camps across LoC
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against UN-Designated Terrorist Outfits
- Watch: Build- Up To The Surgical Strike Across LoC
- India vs New Zealand Live: Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series, Regain No.1 Spot
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18