Badal asks Centre to act on Chinese troops movement
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal asked the Centre to act with resilience and commitment.
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Thursday asked the Centre to act with resilience and commitment to prevent further movement of Chinese troops along the Line of Actual Control (LAC). The Centre should not be complacent on the issue of safeguarding the nation's territorial integrity, Badal told reporters on the side lines of a function jointly organised by the state Water Supply and Sanitation department and the World Bank to honour 22 village Water Supply and Sanitation Committees.
He cautioned the Union government to immediately resolve the issue of Chinese incursion across the LAC and said, it can otherwise adversely impact national security. Criticising the Congress-led UPA government of failing to check growing instances of internal as well as external aggression, the Chief Minister citing problems of Naxalism and incidents of terrorism in different parts of the country said, it is alarming for the country's sovereignty.
Badal urged upon the Centre, especially the Ministry of Defence, to initiate all possible measures in defending Indian borders. Slamming the Centre for "arbitrarily thrusting" its decision to impose wealth tax on agricultural land within municipal limits, Badal termed it as a "retrograde step" to crush the peasantry, already distressed due to low returns from agriculture sector.
Citing an example of a farmer from Jalandhar who has been rendered bankrupt due to the draconian clause of wealth tax imposed by the union government, he said the tax must be abolished by the Centre.
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- After Google and Salesforce, Disney Now Wants to Buy Twitter
- Google Station, YouTube Go, Google Play for 2G Launched
- Google to Provide Public Wi-Fi Hotspots in Malls, Universities in India
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Cheteshwar Pujara's Kanpur Transformation Augurs Well for Team India