Bal Thackeray's body to be kept at Shivaji Park before cremation
Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray passed away after prolonged illness at 3.30 pm on Saturday at his residence.
New Delhi: Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray passed away after prolonged illness at 3.30 pm on Saturday at his residence, 'Matoshree'. The funeral procession of the Shiv Sena founder would begin at 10 am on Sunday and Thackeray is likely to be cremated at 3 pm at Shivaji Park crematorium.
Before the funeral procession, the body of the Shiv Sena founder would be kept at the Shivaji Park at 7 am on Sunday. The supporters will be allowed to pay their last respect to the Maharashtra strongman at the Shivaji Park.
The Mumbai police have deployed over 20,000 police personnel across the Maharashtra capital to avoid any law-and-order problem. Additional security has also been stationed in Mumbai to maintain peace as the state has been put on high alert for the next 24 hours.
Meanwhile, large crowds have gathered outside the Thackeray residence, 'Matoshree' and shops in many parts of Mumbai have shut their shutters, even as the Shiv Sena and the Mumbai police have appealed for calm.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands