Dehradun: CBI court to hear Balkrishna's fake passport case
The CBI claims Balkrishna obtained the passport on the basis of a fake date of birth certificate.
Dehradun: A special CBI court in Dehradun will hear Baba Ramdev's aide Balkrishna's fake passport case. He has been charged with forgery and violation of the Indian Passport Act. CBI claims Balkrishna obtained the passport on the basis of a fake date of birth certificate.
According to the Enforcement Directorate's initial investigations, Balkrishna was involved in a Jharkhand-based company and is alleged to have violated FEMA guidelines. He allegedly travelled to over 25 countries on a fake passport including countries which are known tax havens.
The agency registered the case against Balkrishna acting on the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) FIR, which had charged him with violations of the Passport Act. Balkrishna walked out of jail on bail on August 17. He was sent to jail in July after he was arrested by CBI for allegedly submitting fake documents for obtaining Indian passport.
The CBI had registered a case of cheating and criminal conspiracy against Balkrishna on July 23 last year for allegedly procuring fake degree and violating Section 12 of Indian Passport Act by furnishing fake and forged High School and graduation certificates to the passport authorities for obtaining the document. The CBI had filed a chargesheet in a special court in New Delhi against Balkrishna in the case.
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
From Our Network
- Shahabuddin jailed, alcohol ban lifted: Win-lose situation for Bihar CM Nitish Kumar- FirstPost
- My supporters will teach CM Nitish Kumar a lesson: Shahabuddin on bail cancellation - Pradesh18
- News Digest: HC defers hearing on plea challenging Modi election; How Bihar’s Ghatak platoons avenged Uri attack & more - Pradesh18