Treat Hafiz Saeed as a war criminal: BJP
"Government of India needs to pull up its socks," said BJP leader Balbir Punj.
New Delhi: The main Opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has reacted sharply to the statements made by the accused mastermind of 2008 Mumbai massacre Hafiz Saeed and demanded a sharp response from the government. "Government of India needs to pull up its socks and international pressure must be brought upon the Pakistan government to treat Saeed as a war criminal and he should be brought to justice," said BJP leader Balbir Punj.
"Hafiz Saeed is synonymous with terror and unfortunately he is an important part of the Pakistani establishment," the Rajya Sabha MP added. The Opposition's statement came after Saeed, chief of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), claimed India was trying to destabilise Pakistan and warned that the violence in the Kashmir valley could get "ugly".
"We do not want any force to be used or any military operation for this. But the Indians are opting for the other alternative," Hafez Saeed had told Reuters in a telephone interview on Friday.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines