Treat Hafiz Saeed as a war criminal: BJP
"Government of India needs to pull up its socks," said BJP leader Balbir Punj.
New Delhi: The main Opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has reacted sharply to the statements made by the accused mastermind of 2008 Mumbai massacre Hafiz Saeed and demanded a sharp response from the government. "Government of India needs to pull up its socks and international pressure must be brought upon the Pakistan government to treat Saeed as a war criminal and he should be brought to justice," said BJP leader Balbir Punj.
"Hafiz Saeed is synonymous with terror and unfortunately he is an important part of the Pakistani establishment," the Rajya Sabha MP added. The Opposition's statement came after Saeed, chief of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), claimed India was trying to destabilise Pakistan and warned that the violence in the Kashmir valley could get "ugly".
"We do not want any force to be used or any military operation for this. But the Indians are opting for the other alternative," Hafez Saeed had told Reuters in a telephone interview on Friday.
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- PM Modi Understands Pain of Our People: Baloch leader
- Watch: Ground Reports From India-Pakistan Border
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar