DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bally IC and an ASI suspended on EC order in WB
Gupta said that both the IC and his ASI were involved in dropping the name of the main accused from the FIR.
Kolkata: The Inspector-in-Charge (IC) of the Bally Police Station in Howrah district Prasun Bandopadhyay and one of his Assistant Sub-Inspectors (ASI) Subrata Sarkar were on Monday suspended on the Election Commission's order for tampering with an FIR.
The FIR was lodged on April 22 by Sultan Singh, the Trinamool Congress candidate from Bally, against some CPM leaders after a clash between the supporters of two rival parties, West Bengal CEO Sunil Kumar Gupta said.
"Both the IC and his ASI were involved in dropping the name of the main accused from the FIR. It was a case of intentional lapse and ommission," Gupta said.
The issue was brought to the notice of the CEO by the Trinamool Congress, who later forwarded it to the Commission.
Gupta said that a new officer Subhashis Banik has already been asked to take over as Bally IC. Assembly elections in Howrah district would be held on Tuesday during the fourth phase.
Recommended For You
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Lionel Messi's Prison Sentence Upheld By Spain Supreme Court
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Remembering Roger Moore: 7 Of His James Bond Performances