Cong wins 13 seats, BJP bags 12 in Bangalore urban
The performance of the JD(S) in Bangalore urban was disappointing with the party winning just three seats.
Bangalore: The constituencies in Bangalore urban area failed to give a clear verdict in favour of any party with the Congress winning 13, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) 12 and the Janata Dal (Secular) bagging just three.
The Bangalore urban district recorded 52.83 per cent voting on Sunday, the state election authorities said while the state average was around 70 per cent of the over 40 million voters.
The Karnataka Assembly elections recorded the second highest voter turnout in 35 years with a polling percentage of 71.29 in the May 5 voting. The results will decide the fate of 2,940 candidates in 223 Assembly segments.
Congress leader R Roshan Baig wins in Shivajinagar constituency
Congress leader Dinesh Gundurao wins in Gandhinagar constituency
BJP leader R Ashoka wins in Padmanabha Nagar constituency
KJP leader Shobha Karandlaje loses in Yeshvanthapura constituency
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Gaya Road Rage: Patna High Court Grants Bail to Suspended JD(U) Councillor's Son
- Dalit Boy Whose Video Went Viral Says Was Thrashed Because of Good Grades