DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Railway bribery: Prime accused judicial custody ends today
CBI has alleged that Vijay Singla had demanded Rs 10 crore from then Member of Railway Board Mahesh Kumar for promotion.
New Delhi: Former railway minister Pawan Kumar Bansal's nephew Vijay Singla's judicial custody ends on Friday. Suspended Railway Board Member Mahesh Kumar, Singla and eight others were charged in the Rs 10 crore cash-for-post railway bribery case.
The CBI in its chargesheet filed against 10 accused, has alleged Singla had demanded Rs 10 crore from then Member (Staff) of Railway Board Mahesh Kumar, an accused in the case, for his appointment as Member (Electrical).
The agency said it was decided between the accused that Rs five crore will be paid before the appointment and the rest of the money will be paid after the job was done.
Out of the 10 chargesheeted persons, nine are now under judicial custody while alleged middleman Ajay Garg, who has been accused of being instrumental in fixing the bribe amount for getting a favourable post for Kumar, was granted bail by the court on July 8.
(with additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Is 'Ambedkar Touch' in Kaala Poster a Political Outreach by Rajinikanth?
- Champions Trophy 2017: MS Dhoni, Kohli, Rahane Sweat it Out in Nets
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users