Bardhan hits out at UPA govt over corruption
Bardhan said CPI has demanded the removal of Union Minister Dayanidhi Maran and a probe against him.
Hyderabad: Hitting out at the UPA government over the issues of corruption and black money, CPI general secretary A B Bardhan on Wednesday alleged that the Centre had failed to take effective steps to check the malaise.
CPI leaders S Sudhakar Reddy and Gurudas Dasgupta had been raising the issues in Parliament since 2008 and had even written to the Prime Minister, he said.
"Did Manmohan Singh reply? No. How will you get back the money? Who are those who have deposited black money? Reveal the names. That is our demand," he said.
Bardhan said CPI demanded the removal of Union Minister Dayanidhi Maran and a probe against him, he said.
Even though the UPA government appointed some persons suggested by activist Anna Hazare to prepare the Lokpal bill, the Congress has started attempts to defame him, Bardhan alleged.
Referring to the CAG report on the alleged irregularities in gas operations in Krishna Godavari basin, Bardhan said CPI had raised the issue in Lok Sabha.
"I told (CPI Deputy General Secretary) S Sudhakar Reddy to write to the Prime Minister and remind him that we had already raised this issue. We will ask him why he has not taken steps," he said.
The CPI would take up agitations on the issues of corruption, price rise and every other issue of the people, he added.
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: Sreejesh Simmers Down Before Indo-Pak Clash
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti