Jagan DA case: BCCI chief appears before court
N Srinivasan is the MD of India Cements Limited, which had invested in companies promoted by jailed Jagan Reddy.
Hyderabad: BCCI chief N Srinivasan appeared before a CBI court in Hyderabad in connection with the Jagan Mohan Reddy disproportionate assets case. Srinivasan is the MD of India Cements Limited, which had invested in companies promoted by the jailed YSR congress chief, Jagan Reddy.
The CBI believes Srinivasan's company had, in return, received huge water allocations when Jagan's father YSR Reddy was the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
However, Srinivasan denied any wrongdoing in connection with the Jagan Reddy disproportionate assets case. India Cements had issued a statement saying, "We have received a notice in the context of allocation of water towards expansion of capacity of two of our plants in Andhra Pradesh. Our senior officials have already met officials of department in the past and have submitted all the required information sought by them. We are confident that the matter will be resolved at the earliest since water allocation to our units was as per industrial policy of Andhra Pradesh government."
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance