Beant Singh's grandson seeks Rajoana's hanging
Beant Singh's grandson also demanded the hanging of 1993 Delhi blast convict Devinder Pal Bhullar.
Jalandhar: Following the hanging of Afzal Guru, Congress MP and grandson of Beant Singh, Ravneet Singh Bittu, has demanded the execution of Balwant Singh Rajoana - the convict on death row for assassinating the former Punjab chief minister. He also demanded the hanging of 1993 Delhi blast convict Devinder Pal Bhullar.
"After Azmal Guru, it is now the turn of Rajoana and Bhullar. The government should hang them as soon as possible," Bittu said on Sunday. The state unit of the Shiv Sena, welcoming the hanging of Guru, also demanded the hanging of Rajoana and Bhullar on Monday.
"We welcome the hanging of Afzal Guru. Now the time has come when Balwant Singh Rajoana and Devinder Pal Bhullar should also be hanged," said Vinay Jalandhari, head of Shiv Sena in North India. Forty-three-year-old Parliament attack convict Guru was hanged and buried in Tihar jail premises in Delhi in a secret operation on Saturday.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology