Beant Singh's grandson seeks Rajoana's hanging
Beant Singh's grandson also demanded the hanging of 1993 Delhi blast convict Devinder Pal Bhullar.
Jalandhar: Following the hanging of Afzal Guru, Congress MP and grandson of Beant Singh, Ravneet Singh Bittu, has demanded the execution of Balwant Singh Rajoana - the convict on death row for assassinating the former Punjab chief minister. He also demanded the hanging of 1993 Delhi blast convict Devinder Pal Bhullar.
"After Azmal Guru, it is now the turn of Rajoana and Bhullar. The government should hang them as soon as possible," Bittu said on Sunday. The state unit of the Shiv Sena, welcoming the hanging of Guru, also demanded the hanging of Rajoana and Bhullar on Monday.
"We welcome the hanging of Afzal Guru. Now the time has come when Balwant Singh Rajoana and Devinder Pal Bhullar should also be hanged," said Vinay Jalandhari, head of Shiv Sena in North India. Forty-three-year-old Parliament attack convict Guru was hanged and buried in Tihar jail premises in Delhi in a secret operation on Saturday.
- India, New Zealand Sign Three Agreements
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Celebrities Send Diwali Greetings To Jawans Following PM Modi's #Sandesh2Soldiers Campaign
- Donald Trump Will Be Next US President, Predicts Election Wizard
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped