Bellary: BJP candidate J Shantha wins seat
The Karnataka HC had set aside the election of the MP in June this year after allegations of counting irregularities.
Bellary: Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) winner from the Bellary Lok Sabha constituency, J Shantha, was on Saturday officially declared the winner from the seat after a recount of votes.
The Karnataka High Court had set aside the election of the MP in June this year after a petition was filed against her in the court saying that she used fake caste certificates and that there were counting irregularities.
Shantha is former Karnataka minister Sriramulu's sister and has also been indicted in the mining scam involving BJP leader Gali Janardhan Reddy.
The recount of votes on Saturday yielded results similar to the 2009 election results.
Shantha defeated her Congress rival by a margin of 2443 votes.
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index