Mining scam: Reddys bail plea to be heard today
Janardhana Reddy and his brother-in-law BV Srinivasa Reddy were arrested in the Obulapuram mining scam.
New Delhi: A special CBI court is scheduled to hear the bail petition of former Karnataka Minister and mining baron Gali Janardhana Reddy and his brother-in-law BV Srinivasa Reddy.
Both were arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on September 5 in an illegal mining case.
CBI on September 22 had opposed the bail pleas probing "illegal" mining and irregularities in allotment of mining leases to Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC), had arrested Janardhana Reddy and OMC Managing Director Srinivas Reddy on September 5 from Bellary in Karnataka and brought them to Hyderabad the same day.
The Reddys, who are under judicial custody till October 3 and lodged at Chanchalguda Central Prison had sought bail again, after the special court for CBI cases here rejected their pleas and sent them to CBI custody for six-days from September 13.
The CBI registered the case against OMC on December 7, 2009 at the request of Andhra Pradesh government in the wake of allegations of illegal mining and irregularities in allotment of mining leases to OMC in Obulapuram and Malpanagudi villages of Anantapur district of the state.
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away